This property is privately owned.

The castle was property of the Abbazia delle Tre Fontane and was named in the division of the County of Aldbrandesca in October 1216 among a list of important castles under Count Bonifazio. Purchased by Siena in 1409, its buildings were deteriorated by 1430 with only the central structures and keep left intact; by 1448 it would likely have been completely disarmed. Though some parts of the walls remain intact, much of the internal structure of the castle is in ruins.